Patterns & Dots | Store Manager
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the general operations of the store, creating and
implementing a store sales strategy to maximize sales, and providing a wonderful & cheerful customer
experience to all customers. In addition, he/she will manage the store team and help align associates around
our corporate values/mission. In addition to operational responsibilities such as opening/closing, inventory
management, loss prevention, payroll & scheduling, and visual merchandising, the Store Manager will be
responsible for achieving store objectives, maintaining KPIs, developing the team, and ensuring adherence
to all company policies & procedures. The Store Manager will be expected to model effective sales
techniques and manage the customer experience on the sales floor.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Achieve and exceed productivity and sales plan expectations
- Improve profitability by managing controllable expenses such as payroll, supplies and
- Set an example of exceptional customer service by leading sales efforts on the selling floor
- Teach and monitor each associate on store operations and policies & procedures
- Recruit, train, motivate and retain quality sales associates.
- Set goals and manage to expectations by clearly communicating to the staff the metrics
by which success is measured in each area of the business
- Meet monthly with each associate to discuss performance by reviewing productivity vs. goals.
- Coach and provide suggestions for improvement as necessary and address with progressive documentation as required.
- Maintain a high level of visual merchandising and housekeeping standards
- Perform daily paperwork reconciliation and other operational tasks
- Protect store assets and inventory. Reconcile inventory to identify and reduce shrinkage.
- Implement company policies and procedures
Qualifications For Position:
- Minimum four years experience in retail management, knowledge of local market and clientele a plus
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Full understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising, and store operations
- Computer skills to include operation of retail point of sale system, Word, Excel, and email
- Must be able to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 15 pounds when merchandising the sales floor and use ladders or stairs
- Strong leadership critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Delegate responsibility and work to the staff.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills allowing for communication of the company’s goals and objectives
- A positive, outgoing, high energy personality that is entrepreneurial, who is sales focused
and takes full ownership of the store’s business at all levels
- A mentor and leader to staff and peers. Developing individual strengths and identifying opportunities.
- A trainer able to teach skills in customer service, selling, and operations
Benefits include participation in a monthly bonus program, a generous employee discount, and a
competitive benefits package
For consideration, please email your resume to: careers@